BAC / Switchjack combo
The QuickFlick-II was originally designed to be a simple construction balsa built up DLG. After numerous prototypes the QuickFlick-II has finally lived up to that dream. The QFII is an Australian design, originating from inland North Queensland.
The latest incarnation of the QuickFlick-II is the QFII-AG36D, with the Mark Drela AG36 airfoil and dihedral wingform.
- Span: 1270mm/50"
- Weight: 195~220g (7~8oz)
- Section: Mark Drela AG36
- Construction: Balsa build up with Carbon fiber and fiberglass reinforcements
- Typical launch heights: 110~120ft (Advanced build), 90~100ft (light build)
- Typical flight times: 60~70 seconds in dead air from a good launch
- Build manual in PDF format (currently a work in progress, over 70 pages so far) Here [8MB]
- Plans for the QuickFlick-II Here
Kits to buy:
- RCGroups discussion Here
- OLD RCGroups QuickFlick discussion (no longer fully relevant) Here
If you're a kit maker or laser cutting service company looking to licence the QuickFlick-II rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org