Designed as an introduction to the fun sport of club racing, the Slipso400 can accomodate motors up to the classic speed-400 can size and battery packs up to a 7 cell 2/3A.
The Slipso400 has a 6mm solid balsa wing covered with doculam or fiberglass. The fuselage is made of balsa sheet and formers and subsequently covered in fiberglass using water-based polyurethane clear varnish.
- Wingspan: 750mm
- Length: 555mm
- Flying weight: 350~450g
- Motor: 6V Speed 400 brushed can motor or Hacker B20-40-15L for serious speed.
- Suggested Prop: APC 4.5x4.2 - 4.75 x 4.75
- Suggested Battery: 2S1800 - 2S2200mA lipo
- Controls: Ailerons, Elevator and Throttle
- Construction: Solid balsa wing with paper and laminating film covering. Shaped sheet-box fuselage covered with 2oz fiberglass cloth, sealed with water based polyurethane.
Known Existing Powerplant configurations
|PLD||GWS EM380/400 brushed motor||GWS ICS480Li||2S2200-12C lipo||APC 4.74x4.75||Long flight times, up to 80km/hr flight speed, cheap setup which can be handled even at full throttle with relative ease. Can be a little bit heavy, suggest dropping to 1500~1800mA lipo|
|TheDon||400H (3500kV)||Phoenix 25A||3S-2100 Prolite||3.75 x 5.5 APC (Cut and reshaped from 4.75 x 5.5APC Prop)||6~7 minute flight times with 120mph top speeds|