Welcome to alterMIME
alterMIME is a small program which is used to alter your mime-encoded mailpack.
What can alterMIME do?
- Insert disclaimers
- Insert arbitary X-headers
- Modify existing headers
- Remove attachments based on filename or content-type
- Replace attachments based on filename
- Development Releases
- Stable Releases (0.3.x series)
- November 16, 2008 - altermime-0.3.10.tar.gz
- October 30, 2008 - altermime-0.3.9.tar.gz
- July 13, 2007 - altermime-0.3.8.tar.gz
- March 29, 2006 - altermime-0.3.7.tar.gz
There are numerous ways of contacting me, here's a quick rundown.
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC - server: irc.freenode.net, nick: inflex
- Gtalk/gmail: email@example.com
- How can I make alterMIME work with Postfix
- There is a manual how-to guide here (http://www.paw.za.org/docs/howtos/postfix-altermime/postfix-altermime-howto.html).
- It doesn't insert the disclaimer on all emails!
There are many MIME formats/quirks which perhaps aren't all yet dealt with. If you think you have a new quirk, and you have some C coding experience, then have a go at hacking the source, else provide a complete example in email to the author including;
- Original mailpack
- Disclaimer(s) used
- Command line configuration used
- Description of the problem
alterMIME takes a lot of time, effort and work to work on, even basic support emails chew up time (and really, I don't have the time to answer support emails). If you find alterMIME useful then consider making a donation to keep the project alive and improving.